Friday, November 11, 2016

Week 8 Accomplishment

      For this week, I had planned to just test my app, but I also continued to develop certain parts of the app. I did not work on the Android app that much, but I think I made quite a bit of progress with the Apple one.

      For my Android app, most of what I did this week was add a log in page and then connect it to the register page and connect the register page to the log in page. There is also another item on the navigation drawer for the login page. The other thing that I did for the app was looking at some other projects that used Java to connect to the database. I do not really have the connection part integrated into the app yet, but I have a Java file set up and I was able to connect to the database through it, so that seemed like a good start.

       For the Apple app, I created the log in page, the contact us page, and a pop up help menu that displays what the user can do with the app. I also found a tutorial online for how to create a navigation menu, and I think it turned out pretty well. I have not gotten around to figuring out how to connect it to the database yet, but I think I am getting close to that part of the app. I attached pictures below of the current look of the Apple app.

       For next week, I am going to continue to develop the app and I hope to get at least one of the apps connected and reading/writing to the database.

The home page with the navigation item
The navigation drawer
The first version of the help popup
The Contact Us page with a phone and address link.

No comments:

Post a Comment