Friday, September 30, 2016

Week 2 Accomplishments

      This is my second week of working on my semester project, and I think overall it is going well. On last Friday and Monday of this week, I set up my IDE's so I could start practicing some with the app design. It has been a while since I last created an Android application, and I have never done anything for an Apple device, so it has been a good week of learning and review.

      The IDE I am using for my Android program is Android Studio, which is a JetBrains application. It is very similar to IntelliJ, which I do know how to use, so it has been nice that I do not have to learn a completely new setup. I have mostly just been messing around with layouts on Android Studio and learning how I will build the front-facing part of my app, but I have not looked too much into the programming part yet. The only main bump in the road I have met was when I was trying to figure out how to rotate a picture that was not being displayed correctly, but it turns out the problem with that was part of the pictures properties, and nothing with Android Studio.

      For my Apple app, I am using XCode for my IDE. I thought about using JetBrains' AppCode IDE, but I was told that XCode is going to have more features and abilities than AppCode would, so that is why I stuck with XCode. As of right now, I have just been completing a few tutorials from the Swift developer site so I can learn a few basics, but I do not know how prepared I am to actually start programming the app. But I figure the best way to learn is just to do it, so we'll see how next week goes, as I am planning to start one of my sprints next week. But that will not start until next Wednesday, so I will deal with that when I get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment