Friday, October 7, 2016

Week 3 Accomplishments

      This week, the main thing I worked on was trying to relearn how to create an app for an Android device and trying to learn how to create an app for an Apple device. For the Android app, things have been going pretty well with trying to remember how everything needs to be set up in the app in order for it to run, and I have been satisfied with my progress overall, even though I know I still have a lot to learn. The only thing that has been tricky with it is that I am using a different IDE than when I first learned how to create an Android app, and I think I thought I would remember it better than I actually do.

      The app for the Apple device is a different story all together though. I have never built anything for an Apple device, and I have barely had any experience using a Mac. So what I have been doing for most of this week is going into Otto Olsen a spending a few hours going over app building tutorials from the Apple developer sites so I can get a good understanding of what I am doing. I know I still have a lot to learn, but a few things are starting to click for me, so I am just hoping that even if it takes a while to get things figured out, it will eventually be smooth sailing.

      The last thing I have been doing is finishing up an initial final draft for my database. I have had people look at my database and give me suggestions, so I then updated it with those suggestions and I hope that it will work.

      Next week, I am going to insert in some test information into my database to see run some SQL statements to test a few things out. I also plan one trying to learn a little more about connecting an app to the database, but I am only going to spend a little while doing that because I have time set aside later for working on that part of the project. I am going to start building the official app hopefully, but we'll see how well that actually goes. But I hope to get at least a couple of the pages for the app created by the time the week is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment