Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 5 Accomplishments

      For this week, my goals were to test the features that I had been adding to the app and try to fix any problems I was having. I also started doing some research into how I am going to connect the app to the database I am going to use. I did okay with doing the research part, but I did not get as much done with the apps as I wanted to because I had a lot of other homework to do over fall break.

       With the Android app, it still looks pretty much the same as it did in my last blog post. The only thing I have been able to accomplish is allowing the user to access the pages from the home screen buttons and not just from the navigation side bar. The only problem with this is I have not figured out how to set the title of the page when just clicking the buttons on the home page, but that is a small problem that I will deal with later. I do not have all of the pages created yet, but I hope to keep working on that and get those pages set up within the next couple of weeks.

       The Apple app is not going nearly as well though. I have not had enough time to devote to learning Swift and all I have been doing is going over a tutorial and trying to change some things so it fits what I need. I am not feeling overly optimistic right now about finishing the Apple app by the end of the semester, but we'll see how it goes. I hope to have more time to spend on it once this month is over because it has been a crazy month of tests and papers and projects and presentations.

       For this next week, I am going to keep working on learning about developing the apps and what I can do to make them better. I really do hope that I will have more time to go into Otto Olsen and work on the Apple app, but we'll just see how the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment