Friday, October 28, 2016

Week 6 Accomplishments

      For this week, my goals were to continue working on the database and keep developing the app. I think I did okay with my goals this week and I actually had a little bit of time to keep learning more Swift, so overall I think the week went better than any of the other weeks.

      In class the other day, I got my database set up in MySQL Workbench and started inserting some test data into it. I am not quite done with that, but overall everything seems to be going well. I will finish putting in some data by next week and hopefully be able to start testing with it soon.

       I have still been developing my apps, though I still do not have any progress to show with my Apple app. For the Android app, I made the registration page and have it linked to the navigation bar and the home page like it needs to be. I also have a button on the home page and an item on the navigation bar that links to the UNK alumni page, and that page opens in a separate browser when the user clicks on the item or button. I still need to develop the generic tradition detail page and the log in page, but I think those might be the only two difficult pages I still need to make. I will also have a Contact Us page and a popup with some information to help the user, but I don't think those will be too difficult.

       As I just mentioned, I still do not have anything to show for the Apple app, and it is starting to worry me. One of the other students in our class directed me towards some video tutorials for developing with Swift and XCode, and although I understand more about certain parts of development, actually making the app still seems beyond what I can do. I want to spend quite a bit of time tomorrow in the lab working on it, so we'll see how that goes. I just have not been a big fan of XCode, which is what you create the app in, so I think that is also making it difficult to work on the app.

       For next week, I am going to set up the connection to the database for the Android app, since it will at least be developed enough that I can do that. And if I happen to get enough done on the Apple one, then I will do that with it also. Then I will just keep testing and developing the apps and see how far I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment